Dear Listmembers,

My State Representative has come to my house (Rep. William Norbert,
Portland (RIverton- Northgate-North Deering district) . He plans to
sponsor  from the House of Representatives, an  updated version of
Senate Paper 868,  last year's Joint Resolution.  Maine State Senator
Anne Rand (Portland-Long Island) has agreed to sponsor the Resolution in
the Senate.  Mr. Norbert has asked for your support.

Identically to Margaret Tuchman in New Jersey, we need as many MAINE
people as possible to contact their state Representatives and Senators,
either in their home districts, or in Augusta, by
telephone, e-mail, surface mail or in person,   to ask for their support
of the

     1999  "Joint Resolution Recognizing Parkinson's Disease Awareness
Month."

Please contact me OFF-LIST for further details. We need contacts in every
Parkinson's Support Group in Maine. There is again the possibility of a
Proclamation from Governor Angus King's office, as well.

The deadline for contacting legislators is Monday, March 22 at 8:00 PM .

Thank you.  Please contact me at [log in to unmask], or by telephone.

Ivan  Mfowethu Suzman
Portland

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:26:55 -0500 Margaret Tuchman
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>New Jersey-ites please identify yourselves.
>
>We need as many NJ people as possible to write to their STATE
>ASSEMBLY
>PERSONS AND SENATORS IN TRENTON to ask for their support of a
>resolution being introduced designating the month of April
>as "Parkinson's disease Awareness Month".  Please send email OFF-LIST
>to me with your address and I will give you the names and addresses
>of
>the legislators as well as a sample letter.  The deadline for writing
>these letters is March 13th, so PLEASE ACT NOW.
>
>Send your email to [log in to unmask]
>Thanks for your participation.
>
>Margaret
>

>Margaret Tuchman
>Princeton, NJ
>B1941/Dx1980

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        28   deg. F   :-)