On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Mary Jones wrote:

> Some of you may remember that I am a nurse running an interdisciplinary program for PWP's and have enlisted your help before !!
> Today a patient and carer have told our speech pathologist that PWP should not eat bananas.  The PWP's son apparently "saw that on the Internet".  Does anyone know anything about bananas and Parkinson's ?? We would be interested in comments or knowledge you may have.
> Many thanks again for help.
> Mary

I happen to just now have found the following info. Haven't
looked in PD specific sites. Sorry, don't have all the USENET article
numbers in these.  These are just preliminary leads for your
query, and rather long, sorry.

From my reading of this, I'm not sure what effect eating bananas
would have on levels of anything *in the brain* The posters
are discussing serotonin levels in the *blood* where it usually
isn't found in any great amount.

   5-HTP (was: Ignorant Steve B. Harris)