Date:    Sun, 7 Mar 1999 06:53:41 -0600
From:    Linda Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Coenzyme Q-ten?

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:42:57 EST John Gooch <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Does anyone want to say anything or any praises for this?
>I am still trying to find out what it is and how it works for PD.

John - Of course I can't find my reference on coenzyme Q10 now, but
basically it is an antioxidant which is supposed to rid the body ( brain
) of free radicals , which destroy our dopamine source, the substantia
nigra. I hope I got it right.  Linda

Date:    Sun, 7 Mar 1999 09:18:09 -0500
From:    MR JOSEPH GIBBONS <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: co-enzyme Q-10

John--Look in the archives for 1/21/99. There will be a 3-year study
to determine if Co-enzyme Q-10 is neuroprotective. Dosages will be
300, 600, or 1,200 milligrams per day. The archive address is
http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/index.htm.
Ann Gibbons