Dear List-family....

I'm hoping this message makes it to the List 'cause while having my 'puter
serviced - what was to be a system clean-up and adding a new mouse and
scanner to the system - ended up being a total loss of data on both hard
drives! (the techie nearly croaked when THAT happened!)

There were huge files on the hard drives going back three and a half years
to the two years I worked online for Microsoft that no Microsoft techie
TODAY had even a CLUE what those files did or what program they were a part
of.

Soooo.... other than the aggravation of losing all the files I value (none
of which is THAT important to me, in all honesty) and the time spent trying
to reconstruct those program I still want on my system (like "ICQ" and a
coupla other neat Web pages), it was prolly just as well that the impetus
was there to reformat the hard drives and start the system at square one
again.

IF I owe any of ya a reply to any email ya may have sent me over the past
week, please drop me a note and lemme know 'cause I have no record of any
past messages. <GRRRRR>

It was quite a week!   My PC was in the shop, for all intents and purposes,
deader than the proverbial dormouse, and just to let me know that machines
DO run the world, my car died on me!  OK... ok... so it just needs a new
battery, but STILLLLLL... did I NEED that?

So far, the three most valuable inventions in the 20th century that I have
in my possession - the microwave, the blowdryer, and the electric
mattress-pad (don't know how I lived without it!) that envelops me in toasty
warmth each night as I drift off to sleep haven't gone the way of my puter
and car - THANK GOODNESS!

Anyway, m'friends, it's good to be back on the List... I missed ya!

Barb Mallut