Phil,
Re your post:
Date:    Fri, 12 Mar 1999 01:24:05 -0500
From:    Phil Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Neuroprotective Supplements,
the following information posted on this list by
Linda Carleton contains information on possible
harmful effects of N-Acetyl-Cysteine(NAC) which was
recommended by Dr, Lombard for PWPs.Linda's
father is a PWP who had negative reactions from NAC.
There have been studies however which showed benefits
of NAC for PWPs.One of them was here in Israel in the Neurology Dept. of
Beilenson Hospital.Aliza was taking NAC
but stopped after reading Linda's post.
This example highlights possible dangers in taking
supplements whose characteristics are not well-understood.
On the other hand a PWP faced with rapid deterioration
may feel that it is worth trying anything which might
help.
Gil Lieberman,CG for Aliza,75/dx 2/95