Mary ,

I do eat bananas in breakfast , lunch and dinner for long years .I am a healthy person in hearth , lungs etc and my PD since diagnosed in 1995 has progressed very very slowly (almost unnoticeably with a mild tremor in my right hand) . Also as I am a hard soccer player I believes  that the bananas help me to avoid cramps that are very common with players of this sport ( it happens sometimes with my co-players but not with me)

Best wishes,

Mary Jones wrote:

 Some of you may remember that I am a nurse running an interdisciplinary program for PWP's and have enlisted your help before !!Today a patient and carer have told our speech pathologist that PWP should not eat bananas.  The PWP's son apparently "saw that on the Internet".  Does anyone know anything about bananas and Parkinson's ?? We would be interested in comments or knowledge you may have.Many thanks again for help.Mary
--
   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+