Joan Snyder wrote:
Subject: Plans for National PD Awareness Day

Hello all: I 'd just like to take the time to ask for your prayers and
support for what we here in Chillicothe, Ill. have planned for
National
PD awareness day. There is an artist from Chillicothe; her name is
Jane
Scott. Her father was a teacher at the local high school for many
years
until Parkinson's came into his life & changed things completely for
his
family. Jane & a friend, Marc Esser began to chronicle the battle that
Claude Scott waged with PD. Marc's work was objective-he photographed
Claude, while Jane's work was completely subjective. Together they
produced an exhibit that is powerful, heartbreaking and breathtaking
in
its sheer tour de force. The exhibit, titled: "The Letting Go: A
Parkinson's Story" was shown at Bradley University for a time
1995-1996.
After some recognition by a national PD organization, it started to
tour
the country, only to be pulled before it's tour was completed. It has
since been gathering dust in a building at Caterpiller.

_______________________
Dear Listmembers,

I think that this exhibit could be the beginning of a project similar
to the AIDS Quilt.  We could send "The Letting Go: A Parkinson's
Story"
around the country and add artistic material to it from the MANY very
talented PWPs and Care Givers and thus growing the exhibit.

Local support groups around the country/world could publicize its
arrival
and create an event with media coverage. Perhaps copies of the
original
works could be auctioned at these local events raising money for
research.
The Parkinson Alliance's "Pennies for Parkinson's" national
fundraising
campaign, Parkinson's Research Opportunity Seed Grants(PRO-Seed
Grants)
would be a perfect vehicle to carry the message.

The PA (Parkinson Alliance) will be posting a detailed description of
its program later today, I was just struck with the extraordinary role
this exhibit could play in our plans.  The AIDS QUILT has been a HUGE
unifier. We can learn from that success.

Any thoughts??

Margaret

Margaret Tuchman
Princeton, NJ