HI Ann,
I  can comment more as a patient than as a physician.  Regarding the
switch from Mirapex to Requip,  I started Mirapex changing from Parlodel
during a hospitalization when Mirapex was first released.  My Neurologist
switched me calculating the equivalent dose of Mirapex rather than disable
me (even more) by phasing one down while increasing the other.  The Requip
was started after the Mirapex had reached beyond maximum dose without
substantial (increased) benefit. The requip was better (for me).  The
switch was while I was at home and was a sudden change giving me again
equivalent doses of Requip to the Mirapex.  As time has progressed either
the Requip has lost its effectiveness or my PD has gotten worse
(unfortunately I think it is the latter).  I currently am taking above the
recommended dose and after getting lab work I likely will be increasing
even more.   If you can put off the Sinemet that would make sense to me-
however if the Requip doesn't give you substantial reduction of symptoms-
to a level where your life can proceed reasonably normally-  I would not
hesitate to add the sinemet. Sinemet can give a response in a few days but
is usually titrated up slowly to give optimum effect.

Good luck,

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.