Subj:   Some Parkinson's Aware Suggestions
Date:   3/8/99 7:31:45 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:   GRR9603

Date:           Monday Mar 8, 1999

Consider writing a story on the history of your support group. You may be
surprised as to what you find out. In our case, we discovered that one of the
former leaders of our support group is now a County Commissioner. They
have agreed to issue a proclamation on Parkinson's Awareness. Next, plan to
have an open house or party, whatever turns you on and invite the city
officials, the news media (include T V stations, Cable) and "put on a dog
and pony show." You should use as many of the people in support group
that are able. I really mean set up display tables with plenty of material
on Parkinson's Disease. You might consider using the assistance of a
neurologist or a physician to help. Ask the mayor to issue a proclamation.
This could be one way to educate the public about Parkinson's disease.
Another idea is if you unable to make personal contact with the mayor,
have a friend help you or send them an invitation and a suggested
proclamation asking to if they are unable to attend. If you can, get the
local newspaper to write a story on how important is a your support group.
Good luck
George Robbins