Over the week-end we hit rock-bottom so to speak.  The pains in my husband's
legs became so unbearable he could not walk.  We were up hour on the hour at
night with pain, shaking etc.  Friday I called his old neurologist to ask for
a stronger pain pill and an associate was on call...what I got was aleve...it
didn't work.  So today as soon as I could, I was on the phone to a new doctor.
First I was told we would have to wait until the 25th & then as if a miracle,
they called back and said they were rearranging the Dr's patients so could we
come in at 2:00.  I had planned the afternoon off of work as I knew I'd have
to spend to much time on the phone calling to find a doctor & make other
arrangements.  The short of it all was, we went to see the neurologist who
will by the way treat the pain in the legs...was knowledgeable about parkinson
shaking & she looked so young I was sure she couldn't have had much
experience...but I was impressed.  We have begun to rearrange the taking of
the meds; will have to do some physical therapy for three weeks, but hopefully
he will be walking again soon.  The doctor belongs to the Lake Cook
Neurological Consultants group and at this point she is a blessing & a ray of
hope.  We are on a temporary pain program, but the hope is with the
rearrangement of the meds, the pain will be aleviated somewhat too.  Anyway,
it's a start.  I wanted you all to know.   Joan