 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        50 partly cloudy   deg. F
 :-)
Alastair Wyse wrote this  rather provocative commentary at the end of his

reply to my original paper on the possiblility of a VIRAL origin of
Parkinson's Disease.
In re-reading it, I found many issues worth re-visiting by those on the
List interested
in action strategies which will PUSH towards finding the CURE.
  I feel that there has to be a combination of research dollars in
Foundations (like
today's list from Robin Elliot of the PDF of  $600,000.00 in grants just
distributed)
and VISIBILITY-pressure from PWP's, artfully using the media to get
attention. With
PD awareness Month (April) just about here, we have a BIG chance to get
somewhere.

Thank you, Alastair.

Ivan S.

I have for the last year or so been taking all sorts of things to
see what works . My investigations have been seriously hampered by
the government/medical establishment which does not allow this
activity . I am researching methylprednislone and human growth
hormone in low doses .( I had to go to Mexico to get around these
control freaks ).
  I was hoping that this list would be a forum for exchange of
information on PD . This would be far more effective research than
done by the medico/government complex . I have had to read countless
wingeing about the non spending by the goverment ( delete all the
obvious ones but some getthrough from bad subject heading ) .  The
gay community( good for them ) managed to get effective funding for HIV
research by
being a public nuisance . they were helped by the fact that HIV is a
very new problem and there were  no entrenched ideas/ people . How do
you get an expert in position of power to agree to to research that
will prove that what he has been saying for the last 30 years is
wrong and that he got a very fat salary for misleading people ? What
if this expert is part of a gang in positions of power ?
   A PWPs approach togetting reseach done will be one of the
following .
    1)  do it himself on a suck it and see policy
     2) organise public nuisances with other PWPs to force the
government to do something . Sending letters is a complete waste of
time as it makes the recipient think he is important . Camping
outside his front door will be more effective than any number of well
reasoned letters .
   3)wait for a private company to do the researchand find a cure .
The problem is that they will charge a high price which you may not
be able afford . People in the UK are being denied treament because
of the high cost .
    My research  priority it researching the possibility that my PD is
caused by a viralbrain inflammation that can be treated by anti
inflammatory drugs .
     peace
          Alastair     ( [log in to unmask] )