Jennifer...

No need to be embarrassed about this subject - I've yet to see ANY topic
this group wouldn't thoughtfully discuss, when thoughtfulness is called for.

Speaking  for myself, I spent a miserable coupla years with so many trips to
the bathroom that I often went 60 or more times in a 24 hour period.

I stopped drinking any beverages after 6 p.m., yet still found myself like a
yo-yo -  back and forth, back and forth, back and forth all night long.  It
was AWFUL.

FINALLY I went to a urologist who gave me a complete physical to rule out
other things, tho he and I both figured the problem originated because of
PD.

When all tests were done, the urologist prescribed a month's "maintenance
dose" of the antibiotic Bactrim, along with impramine and oxybutal.    After
one month, the Bactrim was discontinued and I've remained on the other two
drugs, and will continue to do so, apparently forever..

This combination of drugs has REALLY worked well for me!  I'm no longer
buying toilet paper by the TON! <giggle>

The downside of the treatment, which is completely offset by the terrific
results, is that my mouth ALWAYS tastes TERRIBLE and feels like there's a
wad of cotton in it.  Ditto for the very dry-eyes.

Oddly, I no longer sweat at all, due to the drugs, and MUST be very careful
not to get overheated EVER.   Also, the oxybutal initially made me extremely
sleepy, until I tried breaking the tiny tablets in half and took only a 1/2
at a time.  The benefits were exactly the same, and I was not troubled by
drowsiness any longer.

There's no need to continue suffering, m'dear!   Really!

Barb Mallut

All in all, I'd say that the wonderful relief I got from this treatment, is
well worth the few aggravating side effects.