My Jim, 71/3, experiences shortness of breath constantly also, probably
more from emphysema than from other causes, but how to be sure?  I am
becoming increasingly aware of the likelihood of multiple and interacting
problems.  He is currently in the hospital recovering slowly from double
pneumonia--talk about shortness of breath!!!  Heart cath was recommended by
primary care physician, but postponed by cardiologist till Jim is
stronger--could be a blocked artery causing it (and other things).  Other
symptoms could be PD, or maybe not.  Neurologist adjust meds and orders
more studies.  Could be.....  could be..... could be.....

Point is, all these various doctors have to get it together and communicate
with each other, and we ourselves must use our heads.  Remember what
Camilla says, quoting Maslow: "When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail."  Thanks, Camilla--that one reminder helps
keep me from going off half-cocked sometimes.

Emily Jackson, CG Jim, 71/3