John.....

As the daughter of a Minnesotan mother who STILL refers to that state as
"home," even tho she's lived in Los Angeles for almost 60 years, I'm well
aware of the virtues and superiority of all persons and things born in and
derived from the state of Minnesota, and it's neighboring states..
<grinning>

I was nurtured on tales Lake Woebegone throughout my childhood and youth, as
well as having all the verses of Wordsworth's "Hiawatha" ..... "By the
shores of Gitshegume, by the deep sea's running water, lived Nakomas and his
daughter" ...... and on and on and on.... drummed into my wee little
California-born-brain by mom, who figured that made her two daughters ALMOST
Minnasotans!

I've been dragged to see Minnehaha Falls more times than I could count by
mom's brother, Uncle Ray, and have heard many other uncle's endless stories
about their ice fishing adventures.  I've fished for sunfish from a pontoon
boats on what seemed at the time to have been on at LEAST 9 thousand of
Minnesota's 10 thousand lakes (and never caught a thing!) <LOL>, and always
returned home after my summer vacations in the Twin Cities (actually, in
St.. Paul) saying   "Yaaaaaah" just like my cousins and mom.

At the very least, I'd say I deserve to be an honorary citizen of the great
Northwest, yaaaaaah? <giggle>

Barb Mallut (honorary Minnesotan)