Thanks to Gil Lieberman for the further info on NAC
(N-acetylcysteine).  I wonder why more attention is not given to
potential use of NAC in treating PD?  NAC has been shown to increase
the level of glutathione, which is quite deficient in PWPs.
Glutathione inhibits the oxidative cell destruction process. NAC has
been been used successfully for patients with ataxia and other
neurodegenerative disorders.  See for example the NAC info at these
web sites: Friedreich's Ataxia Parents Group
http://www.fortnet.org/fapg/index.htm International Network of
Ataxia Friends http://internaf.merseyside.org.

I recently began taking NAC (600 mg, 2X/day) and, while it will not
replace the cells that have been destroyed, I am quite noticably
more energetic.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990