Lee:
Starving yourself in order to keep ON is understandable [for years I ate only
fruit or sweets all day at work], but doesn't seem a good way to maintain your
overall health and strength.
Have you tried "liquid Sinemet?"  Dissolving your entire daily dose in a hi-
Vitamin C drink [I use Tang and cranberry juice], and taking doses hourly or
every 2 hours, will deliver the Sinemet to your duodenum faster and more
predictably, for a better more consistent On.  This also allows you to take a
bit more as you sit down to a protein-rich meal, so you can move enough to
stand up from the table when the meal is over...
J Winterkorn, MD 52/11