Will, I think you make a very good point. As Camilla Flinterman's
signature says "when the only tool you have is a hammer, everything
looks like a nail." When health professionals deal with PD, we tend to
ascribe all problems to the PD. And when a PWP reports drooling, we (I)
immediately assume the person is just not swallowing as often.

You're quite right when you state that mental processes affect saliva
production, and doubtless this varies a great deal among individuals.
I'm going to bear this in mind from now on, especially with regard to
people who have had pallidotomies.

Thanks for elucidating this point -- I learn something new every day,
thanks to all the good people here.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--