In the March 22 issue of Newsweek has a couple of article about two supplements that might be helpful in PD.
Has anyone heard of or had any
experience with creatine, an amino acid that is supposed to increase
energy supply to the muscles.  Researchers are saying it may help slow
ALS and later suggest it might be useful for PWP.

The other article begins and I quote:
"When a pill purports to fix everything from aching joints to flagging spirits,
you can guess it's probably snake oil.  But SAMe ("Sammy"), a dietary
supplement reaching U.S. drugstore this month, may buck that rule.
Few Americans have heard of the  stuff (SAMe stands for S-adenosyl-methionine), but it been used for two decades in Europe to
treat arthritis and depression."

"It's a compound that our bodies make from methionine, an amino acid found in protein-rich foods (that we don't get much of).  When nudged by Vit. B12 and
folic acid, SAMe gives up a piece of itself to neighboring tissues and organs.
The transaction supports an array of vital processes--the
maintenance of cell membranes, the removal of toxic substances from the
body and the production of mood-boosting neurotransmitters such as
dopamine and serotonin."

These sound like "snake oil" that bears more investigating.
Any comments?

nina