Hello to all- things around here have been happening to fast & furiously
that I can hardly take a breath. First-the collagen injections:
Yesterday at 7am, I arrived at Peoria Day Surgery Center. to have skin
cells harvested to grow my own collagen. While it was no walk in the
park-it was certainly easier than giving birth to a 10 lb boy! Dr.
Michael Vidas is certainly a skillful and caring man-but he stopped
short of granting my wish to have liposuction while he was cutting! I
had to settle for a "tummy tuck," as he harvested alot of skin to grow
lots of collagen (he believes in the more is better philosophy!) and
today I'm just a bit sore-w/24 staples in my tummy. This morning at 8:30
am, I met Dr. Vidas, Gina Morris (my tv buddy & her cameraman at Dr.
Vidas' office. There she filmed alot of tape of me, my husband & the
dr., got alot of questions asked and answered, and filmed them as they
put a fiber-optic camera up my nose & down the back of my throat and
they also filmed the video tape of my vocal chords behaving as they
shouldn't. She got the dr.'s permission to come into the operating room
w/ her cameraman to film the actual injections in 2-3 weeks. To her
credit & that of her cameraman, neither of them got sick & both were
fascinated by the process! I'd like to thank Margaret Tuchman for her
list response to Rosemary-I printed it out and and gave it to Gina
Morris so that she can have facts to go along w/ her stories.
   Now, to our plans for PD awareness day-Thanks once again to Margaret
Tuchman & the Tuchman Foundation for PD research, we have been
collecting moneys to underwrite our Art Exhibit. We are getting such a
great response that I am revising my original budget & we are going to
offer more to make this a real draw for Chillicothe & the surrounding
areas; more of an EVENT! i received a phone call yesterday from Preston
Jackson, an internationally known artists and jazz guitarist that he is
available & happy to play music for our event. Just having his name on
our advertisements will draw a large part of our target crowd.We are
delighted to offer jazz because Claude Scott-the man & teacher whose
battle w/ PD are the subject of this exhibit, loved jazz. One of my
girlfriends in Peoria is a very skilled caterer and she has offered to
cater the event w/ dips, veggies,  cheeses, and finger sandwiches, for a
nominal fee which I will be able to decide better after seeing the
publicity as it goes out in the two weeks prior to the event. Tom Kelly
& his wife are making up T-shirts that say "There's nothing wrong with
me (my husband, my wife, my mom, my daughter etc.) that a cure for PD
won't fix!" These will be available to be ordered. Another girlfriend is
painting whites sweatshirts w/ a pink tulip on navy blue varsity letters
that say PD. Yet another project is making navy blue ribbons looped like
the aids red ribbon, yet tied with a silver bow to symbolize the older
PWP & early onsetters united in our battle against this disease. As for
publicity, the local newspaper will be doing two stories about the event
plus run ads. The mayor will make a proclimation-Official PD Awareness
Day at the next city council meeting so that will make all the area
newspapers. the Peoria Paper will be doing a story on their things to Go
& Do page. Tom Kelly, Jane Scott & I will be interviewed in the studio
of Gina's TV station on the Saturday before the show. This is what we
have for now; I will send further updates as events warrant! Thanks for
your continuing prayers for our success!

--
Joan E. Snyder (47-8-10) <[log in to unmask]>
"In the depths of winter I finally learned there