I am Don Freel a PDer of 16 yrs. I have fallen 16 times in the past year.
'nuf said?

Yesterday I introduced Catherine MacRae's "Gentle Fitness" program to the
regular monthly support group meeting at Beth Israel here in NY.  Present
were 15 PDers, 5 caregivers, and several professionals including:
Sheree Loftus, RN, Beth Israel Grp Coordinator
Dave King, PT, Beth Israel
Dhara Charururu, Speech Therapist, NYU Speech Clinic

Before playing the video, I asked for a show of hands - "How many exercise
daily?" Two hands - none were PDers.  We rolled the tape and something
electrifying happened.  All the PDers were following Catherine right from
the start. For the next 50 minutes they worked with her through 84
exercises & stretches. Non stop. I couldn't believe it!

After we took a well earned break I answered a few questions and turned it
over to Dave King who had not seen the tape before.  He proceeded to
delineate the virtues of Gentle Fitness in a way that would have made
Catherine blush. I turned to Sherry Loftus, whom I have known well for over
10 years and said: "This time I think we did it." "You're right, Don, this
time the miracle happened,"  she answered.

Congratulations, Catherine. Congratulations PDers.

FYI, info on Gentle Fitness (& Catherine) is at http://www.gentlefitness.com

Don Freel, NY

Moral: When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.