Hello to you all: Just wanted to update you on our plans. The interviews
went extremely well (we'll know tonight!). Gina Morris, a local TV
personality, talked to us for quite some time, interviewing us
separately and then together. "We" consist of Sandra Norris from N.C.,
Carter Stewart from Chicago & myself. We covered the internet connection
that brought us together, the collagen injections for my vocal chords
(harvesting cells will be done on Friday), and our upcoming Art Exhibit
for PD day. Tonight at 10 pm (center; time) on WEEK-TV, channel 25
Peoria, the first story will run. There is a webpage for this station
and a story should be there by tomorrow morning. Here is the address for
those interested:
                      <http:www.week.com>
Gina is also consulting w/ my Dr. to take a camera into the room where
they will harvest the skin cells and follow along until the day (in 8-10
wks.) when I will get the injections.
Now to the news about PD Day: we have changed the location of the
exhibit from a mall in Peoria to the clubhouse at Shore Acres Park in
Chillicothe, Il (aa mere 10 miles north of Peoria). This is a lovely,
Tara-like building overlooking the shores of the Illinois river. The
exhibit will run on Sunday, April 11th, from 10 am-6 pm. We are very
nearly done w/ plans to obtain a firm to underwrite the exhibit, at
which time we will finalize plans for refreshments & a jazz musician to
play (Claude Scott's favorite music).
The mayor has promised to make an official proclamation, declaring it PD
Awareness Day. In the days leading up to the 11th, the artist, Jane
Scott & I have been invited into the TV station for an interview on the
10th; the Chillicothe Independent has signed on to do stories for the 2
weeks prior to the exhibit, & both tv & newspaper will be covering the
actual event.
Yesterday, we had a meeting w/ our newly elected city councilman (his
father & father-in-law both have pd) to discuss corporate sponsorship &
other options so that we can put this exhibit out there where it needs
to be seen. I will keep you abreast of all further developments. I once
said that my activist days were over-
I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Pray for us!
--
Joan E. Snyder (47-8-10) <[log in to unmask]>
"In the depths of winter I finally learned there