Hi John,

By now you have probably received a good amount of replies. I am a Clinical
Psychologist working in the area of geriatrics and a special interest in
Parkinson's.

You may be getting a number of different perspectives, and the reason for
this is that there rarely is one size fits all, age, degree of disability,
individual status, sex, general health, reactions to medications all play a
very important role. Gale Kittler, R.N., M. P.H.. and I are developing a 5
part series of workshops that will deal with Wellness, and one such section
will be on physical fitness. Gail is the coordinator at the Ali Research
Center, St.Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center here in Phoenix, Az.. Your
"real life " quest is that there are many individual approaches, i.e., a PT
who has developed an Aquatic program, here in AZ., UCLA, Dept of Neurology,
Movement Disorder Clinic, along with the YMCA in West Los Angeles,
developed a Video training tape with PWP, using light weights, stretching,
relaxation and so on. We have a program using Dyna Bands and Disk Sits for
balance. The basis of all program is to promote stimulation and hopefully
retard the disease.

Good Luck,

Bernie Barber