Dear Bob,
Balance Nutrition produced the Hearty Balance canned liquid supplement,
a dried soup mix, and a granola-type bar, all in the ratio of 7 parts
carbohydrate to 1 part protein. Ratios of 5:1 to 8:1 help many people to
avoid the protein interference with Sinemet absorption.

People who use levodopa and would like a substitute for Hearty Balance
canned liquid supplement could try making a drink for themselves. It's
not as convenient, but it works just as well.

8 oz Ensure (NOT Ensure Plus!)
1 cup sliced fruit -- fresh, frozen, or canned
2 TB sugar or honey
Place all in blender, blend till smooth. Makes 1 serving. Ratio 7:1

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD