   A Ten Dollar Joke

  Stumpy Grider and his Wife Martha always went to the Fair, and every
year Stumpy
  said "Ya know   Martha  I'd like to get a ride in that airplane".  An
every year
  Martha would say, "Ah know, Stumpy, but that airplane ride costs ten
dollars...and ten dollars is ten dollars".  So Stumpy says "By Jeebers
Martha, I'm 71 years old, if I don't go this time I  may never go".
Martha replies, "Stumpy, that air plane ride is
  ten dollars...and ten dollars is ten dollars".  So the pilot overhears
them and says, "Folks, I'll make you a deal, I'll take you both up for a
ride, and if you can stay  quiet for the entire ride and not say ONE
word, I won't charge you, but  just one word and
  it's ten dollars". They agree and up they go...the pilot does all
kinds
  of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word is heard; he does
it one more
  time, still nothing...so he lands.
  He turns to Stumpy as they come to a stop and says,  "By golly, I did
  everything I could think of to make you hollar out,  but you didn't!"
  And Stumpy replies, "Well, Ah was gonna say something  when Martha
fell
 out...but ten dollars is ten dollars!"

John Bjork (60/20)
A View from the Lighter Side
Parkinsaw, MI (An Imaginary Place for PWP)
www.mikeauldridge.com/parknsaw.htm