Hello everyone,
My name is Karen Bastian. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in Jan. of
this year. I am 43 years old and I live in Lake Havasu City, AZ (in the
middle of the Mohave desert). I started taking sinemet and eldypril
however I am finding that I get symptoms of dyskinesia before my PD
symptoms are fully relieved. There is a support group - but no young
onset. I need to know where to go from here? I thought that sinemet was
going to relieve my symptoms for at least a few years. If anyone has any
information on medications it would be greatly appriciated. I also have
a 15 year old daughter who is having a hard time dealing with my PD and
the effects of the meds - any suggestions would be helpful.
Last but not least - since I live in a very isolated town I would like
to corrispond to other young onsetters just to touch base and know I'm
not going crazy. Right now I'm having problems typing so I recruited my
husband (Mark) - I hope to get to the point I can type by myself - so my
can provide.
-Karen-