Gretchen,and Lillian,
This is a neat new twist. Glad  of the reminder.
Also ..AMWA mailing  list spinoff, led me to a very interesting  conference
(wed.Mar 24th) at Columbia Presyteian, now, New York Presbyterian
Medical Center.
Doctors represening several disciplines mainly prediatrics and childhood
diabetes exhorted a group of science-medical writers to learn all the facts
and acquire accurate inormation as to the inner worrkings of the medical
/surgical/sociologic event in order to enhance empathy between   the community
and hospital.
 Eliminating stress from the pediatric situation was dramatically
illustratedaed
 when members of the Naomi  Berrie Diabetes Center bunced to
dais and showed us how they do it: Kiwi the clown left us smiling  and holding
a red carnation..
 We do have the opportunity and responsibility .
I was jolly well glad I managed to attend despite the early morning cold rain.
Keep us posted AMWA !
[log in to unmask]    (Mary Manfredi, AMW-NY)