Hi Gang--
I had a rotten spring break--my left hip, actually.  And after all my
supposedly sage advice in George Lussier's newsletter about falling, too.
In fact, my husband highlighted the pertinent part in magic marker for my
review.  So I thought I'd add a few bits of addenda and errata, etc.

Don't stand for two hours peeling 20 lbs. of Irish potatoes and expect your
 legs to be strong.  I managed to deliver the butter and parsley safely to
the church kitchen's counter; unfortunately the legs didn't quite reach
that far and down I went.  Then, like the foolish optimist I am, and with
cane still in the car (another no-no), I got up with help from husband and
friends, went into the bathroom, out to pose for a picture with the
leprechaun, made a spectacle  of myself weeping in my tea until Don took me
out to sit in the sacristy to eat my corned beef, whereupon I discovered I
couldn't get up.  At least this meandering told the docs the hip wasn't
likely to be displaced, and it wasn't: the ball in the joint was simply
cracked, requiring three screws to reassemble, which they couldn't find
space to do until Tuesday at 7 p.m.(I'd fallen at 11:20 a.m. Monday).  Less
than 2 inch incision, little pain, six days in rehab (first 4 too easy and
last 2 strenuous enough) and I came home yesterday.

Missed my messages---Don signed me off for the duration--and hope I didn't
miss too much.  I gather Barb Mallut's mother passed away; will e-mail her.

Just wanted to reiterate: when festinating, stop before the fall is
imminent, straighten your posture and begin again slowly (even if you do
drop the butter; better a jar than a hip).  And use a cane if you need it.

It's great to be back.
Kathy Kunz