Dear Rebecca:  Your amount of meds may not be as excessive as the timing is.
My husband has had experience with Sinimet CR and 25/250 and we are presently
on the agonist Bromocriptine. (We asked our Neuro. about Permax and all he
indicated was that he "didn't like Permax" but would give us a presc. for
Mirapex if
we felt it might be better than Bromo).  He also used the Lorazipam to aid
sleeping
while we were making a stressful move, but he felt able to discontinue it as
soon as
he got comfortable in life style again.
     Your Dr. may know your symptoms and feel they require the frequency of
the
Sinimet - but what do you feel?  My husband also takes Sinimet CR  800mg/day,
 distributed equally in 6 hr intervals( seems to work best for him though
we've tried
more frequent intervals at Dr. request and found difficulties).  Lately, we
have started
to "pinch-hit" with Sinimet 25/l00 st ( as effective as the l/2 -25/250 we
used some
years ago).  We only use the l00 Sinimets when the symptoms of dyskinesia show
up, or he starts having freezing and rigidity due to end of dose times (
fluctuations
he's only noticed starting the last few months- been diagnosed over l2 yrs.
now)
       You will have to discover what works best for you - but generally it
sounds like
such an uncomfortable, busy pill-taking schedule to me.  I would recommend you
stay flexible in your attempts to find the best times and amounts give you the
best
results- We often have had to manipulate the planned and rigid regimen of
doses
"prescribed" and make it work for us.  It takes patiance and sometimes
endurance
since the symptoms can fluctuate and be evasive about what the regular
schedule
should be , since it can take weeks to actually stabilize on adjusted amounts.
          Keep in mind, though, YOU KNOW YOU better than anyone and the rest
of
us can only encourage, share, and hopefully help.....
                        Someone who cares........           Marie    Care-
Partner for husband