Ivan and others,

Last Nov, after 7 days in the hospital and 9 more at home with home
health doing vitals twice a day, I finally had the opportunity to go
over my years worth of blood tests with the doctor.  There was nothing
wrong with me. NOTHING  (except of course the PD)
It seems that the requip has edema as a side effect and they had tried
to medicate the side effect, with each med adding another side effect.
By Dec 1 I stopped all medications.  I went cold turkey off everything.
I do not remember much of December and part of January.  It was the last
week in January when I began to come out of it.
Now I take Sinemet CR when my symptoms ( either the stiffness or tremor)
are so severe that I cannot move.  Then I usually take one 25/100
crushed and about a half hour later one whole. This usually breaks up
the symptoms.
I find that the worst times are a result of stress such as the recent
death in the family.
Otherwise I am not on anything.  The main reason I do not take the
Sinemet all the time is that I am prone to dystonia and often dyskinesia
going up and coming  down.  I try to avoid this as it seems this is as
bad or worse than just shaking/being stiff.
I remember someone telling me that even though you do exercise when you
are at work or doing house cleaning, since it is part of your daily
activity, it does not count as exercise to strength the body or lose
weight.  I think in the same way I am now used to my minor tremors as
they are always with me.  However, when I am stressed and the tremor is
intense for hours, then I sweat and am exhausted.
Marling McReynolds
50/diag 1995