Listfriends:
I just want to let people know that my near absence on the list over the
past week or 2 although it coincided in time with the change in the list
defaults has nothing to do with the change.  I received an e-mail off
line concerned that that was true (that I might be angered about my idea
being reversed by Barb and the group) -

Not true, I brought it up as a suggestion to try.  we tried it and I
admit it had its problems which probably outweighed  it virtues.

My low activity has to do primarily with my own medical condition about
which I would like to update you. I have been having increasing problems
with dystonia which is both painful and debilitating. I can only sit at
the keyboard (or anywhere else for that matter) for comparatively brief
periods.  I have been trying different combinations of requip and
sinemet (consulting with my MD). Increased Requip made me spacey (even
more than usual) and now we are going the other direction decreasing the
Requip and increasing the Sinemet.

I am scheduled tentatively for bilateral STN surgery at the end of May.
We may need to move it up if I don't get more relief from the med
changes.  I would rather put it off until my wife's school semester is
over (she teaches part-time at a small local College),  not complicate
my son's college semester with worry,  and my daughter's pregnancy and
delivery  (and the birth of our first grandchild).  I also would like to
iron out insurance issues prior to having the surgery.

I have been inconstant in my replies and follow-up on issues and I
wanted people to know that it is not because of the changes on the list
or lack of interest.  I have part  of a FAQ Instructing  listmembers on
how to manage the high volume of mail.  I had said I would do it and
hope to get it done over the next few weeks. In the meantime until my
meds are  better adjusted or I have the surgery, I will certainly
continue participating on the list as much as possible.

Charlie

PS Hillary-  There does appear in the literature search that I have done
to be relationships between PD ADD and Tourette's Syndrome but
clinically what these relationships are I think is anybody's guess (
that in TS it appears that there is a dopamine excess).

PPS Ivan and Barb-  Congrats on your work involving WPD and Rev Tutu.

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin