Hi!!! I'm really enjoying the picture of you at your new computer desk,
especially as I can remember your office so well. (I'm adding Pebbles to
the picture, too!)

> I like the sound of "Pennies for Parkinson"  Is there any chance you could
> send me some more information?

I'll try -- it's a great idea, I think. The Parkinson Action Netword has
developed sheets of self-adhesive 3" x 4" labels, printed:

                        Pennies for Parkinson's
                           Every penny counts

        (logo of an hourglass, with the words "The Parkinson Alliance -- Time
for a Cure" encircling it)

                            For Information
                             888-331-4673
        1250 24th Street, NW, Ste. 300, Washington, DC 20003
The Parkinson Alliance is an affiliate of the National Parkinson
Foundation, Inc.

========

The idea is, you put the sticky label on a jar or can. You can keep it
in your own home and deposit your change in it every day. Or you can
take the can to a local merchant and ask them to display it by their
cash register for customers to drop change in.

Periodically, you, or your PD support group, collects all the jars and
change and takes it to the bank, gets the cash, and sends a check to the
National Park.Foundation.

I think it's a good way to bring awarenss of PD to the local community
-- as well as getting some cash for PD research.

A better person to ask, though, would be Margaret Tuchman,

She's the one who announced it to the list and got my attention. I then
phoned Bill Turenne in Washington and he sent the packet. Besides the
labels, you get brochures describing "Pennies" to give out, and also a
flyer on PAN.

I hope this was fairly clear; I'm not the best at describing materials!!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with my family the end of April; I'll
be speaking to a Kansas City symposium, and my mother and brother live
only about 20 minutes north of Kansas City, so one of my sisters is
planning to come down with her kids for the weekend. That will be really
nice.

I'll be leaving for Florida on Monday to spend a couple weeks there with
Steve; he's on reserve solidly till April 6 and can't get back home. I
hate his new schedule. We're thinking of getting a small condo unit
there so I can spend more time with him and he won't have to commute so
often. I don't like Florida much; but it's preferable to not seeing him
or having him make the long commute.

Well, back to work, there's lots to do before I can leave. Thank
heavenfor laptop computers!!
Love,
Kathrynne

--