Dear friends,

  Hello from the pre-dawn crew here on the shores of the cold North
Atlantic.........it is 03:40 AM....

  I am the recipient of  a large number of e-mail, surface mail and
telephone calls indicating that the 1999 PD Awareness Month Resolution
which several of us have rewritten and updated, is doing very well. We
anticipate PASSAGE, as well as jacket-and-tie ceremonies recognizing our
efforts .

 You are invited to join us.

 On Monday morning, April 5th, at 10:00 AM, the Senate is scheduled to
take up Senate Paper 685, currently Tabled and awaiting further action,
the Joint Resolution Recognizing Parkinson's DIsease Awareness Month. The
sponsor is the President of the Senate, Sen. Mark Lawrence, District 35,
York County (Eliot, Kittery, Ogunquit  South Berwick, York, part of
Berwick).

 The House of Representatives is expected to vote to PASS the Resolution
later that same day. The
House sponsor is my own Representative, Bill Norbert, District 110 (part
of Portland).

 Our  1999 resolution states the need for the following, among many other
points:

   -the training and education of the medical community, including vital
people like rescue crews and hospital emergency room personnel;

   -the education of the legal community, so that the rights of PWP's can
be protected;

   -full funding of the Udall  Act, "critical" to finding the cure for
this potentially fatal Disease,

   -providing exhausted patients, and families and friends who are
caregivers, with support.

  Telephone calls from PD support group members have been credited with
alerting and winning over
many members of both the House and Senate.

As soon as I get the OFFICIAL wording of the Resolution transferred to me
from the Secretary of the Senate , I will post it to the List.

 Does anyone know if any other State or Country has a Resolution in
progress?

Ivan Suzman 49/39/36
Portland, Maine USA