I just got this information on "Melissa" from another listserv:

If you have WORD 97 or WORD 2000 programs, please read this!

A new virus is out, your virus checker will NOT pick this up because it
is
a brand new virus.
Please go to
http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-99-04-Melissa-Macro-Virus.html

A Microsoft patch is available at:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/ms99-002.asp

This is NOT a hoax. An infected document is sent as attachments to
emails
with heading most frequently "Subject: Important Message From" the name
of
person whose computer relayed the virus. The body of the message says
"Here
is that document you asked for...don't show it to anyone else ;-). The
virus propagates itself by reading the users' email address book and
sending an infected message to the first 50 entries.

This is expected to cause lots of problems come Monday, (03/29/99). This
information is from the Computer Emergency Response Team  (CERT). This
is
only the second time since CERT was founded 10 years ago that it has
considered a virus important enough to warrant a public announcement.

This email will come to you in a .doc form. Please do not open. Delete
immediately.

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy