Karen -

Insomnia seems to be fairly common in PD, although I believe it's more common
several years after diagnosis than right at first.  I notice you were just
diagnosed.  If you didn't have insomnia prior to your diagnosis, and your
current insomnia isn't a result of lying awake worrying about the diagnosis
and the changes it will make in your life, then I'd look at your meds.

The one med I know about which seems to cause insomnia, according to anecdotal
reports, is Eldepryl.  In a support group we used to belong to, about half the
people ended up going off the Eldepryl, or dropping from two pills a day to
one, because of the insomnia they thought it caused.  I do know Eldepryl is
best taken at breakfast and at lunch so as to provide as long an interval as
possible between that dose and bedtime.

If you're not taking Eldepryl, you might write to the list and tell us what
meds you're taking.

Hope this helps.

Margie Swindler, cg for Dick, 54/17