Bravo Joan...Bravo....as I sit here with tears in my eyes at each update that I read brings a more personal reaction.  You would think that the wellspring of tears would have dried up after living 19 years with Parkinson's Disease.  I thank the Lord each day for the blessing of healing tears.  I cannot tell you the magnitude of emotion, Joan that your valiant efforts to pull off this momentous day has brought forth in me.  But then again knowing that we share a kindred spirit you probably know just what I am speaking of.  A sistership, a oneness, a belonging, a knowing, a familiarity of suffering, of surviving, of fighting and running the race toward a final goal.  To reach the finish line alive, maybe bruised and battered with battle scars, but alive.  Though the battle with Pd rages, as long as each one of us continues in the fight toward the goal of a cure and our efforts remain as valiant as yours Joan my heart cannot help but wait with bated breath with hope of a cure in our near future.  I lift my glass and tip my hat to you Joan.  I love you sister, friend, and confidant.

Sandy Norris