On Tue 30 Mar, Dan Parker wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm new to the list.  I am 49, was diagnosed with PD three years ago, and
> refuse to slow down.  Just got done working two years at an extremely tense
> construction project in Saudi Arabia, and now I'm headed for a job in
> Mexico.  So far, the PD is only affecting my right side (rats!  I was
> right-handed!  Now I've got two left hands!), but the Sinemet works fairly
> well.  Some days I can walk very proudly.
>
> I am interested in hearing from people with similar situations.  How do you
> cope?
>
> Regards,
> Dan

Hello Dan. Welcome to the list. I was diagnosed in 1979 at age 39, so over
the last 20 years, I have pretty much seen it all. My hobby is to try to
offer advice and assistance on how to get the best out of the tablets
which are available. I wish someone had been available 20 years ago when
I needed advice. Like you, I had a high pressure job, involving much
transatlantic flying (I was a Performance Engineer for Rolls-Royce aero
engines). I carried on working for 14 yrs after I was diagnosed (though I
did move into quieter waters for the last 3 or 4 years, (helping to train
some of the younger lads)- As they say; old age and treachery will
overcome youth and enthusiasm.

You will probably be prescribed some 'heavy duty' Sinemet within a few
years. I believe this to be a BAD move. If you take some time to read
my writings in a web site run by Simon Coles (see the URL below.), you
may understand what I am taking about.

Finally, I think there is every reason to be confident that PD will be
effectively cured in your lifetime, if not in mine. I hope so, and look
forward to some entertaining debates.

 The URL is  http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/html

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>