hi all

At 08:25 1999/03/31 +0000, brian wrote:
>On Wed 31 Mar, Dan Parker wrote:
>> Jennifer,
>>
>> I'm the same.  When work gets stressful, the Sinemet flat out
>> doesn't work.
>> I think it's a test, to see if you can put up with the stress!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dan
>>

>Hello Dan,  Camilla and Jennifer wrote about the effects of stress. To
>give you some idea how to cope, it may be useful for you to know that
>the Adrenalin released in response to the stress seems to have an
>additive effect on top of the Sinemet. If you can see the stress coming
>in time (and one hour warning would be ideal), then you should REDUCE
>your intake of Sinemet to compensate. A reduction of up to 50% of
>Sinemet may be necessary - its a powerful effect.
>Regards,
>Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>

holey moley, brian!

i know this pd thing is called a 'designer disease' for good reason
[meaning it's a custom fit for each individual,
NOT that it's restricted only to design types like me!]

but,
your saying that adrenalin has an 'additive' effect on sinemet
is completely [i.e. 180 degrees] opposite to my experience
[and apparently dan's, as well!]

besides,
heck, if i had an hour's warning of stress' arrival
i wouldn't have to get stressed at all!

say,
adrenalin is a hormone, right?...
and it's a clearly observed phenomenon that certain 'female' hormones
'profoundly' reduce sinemet's effect...
so...???

janet

who's been around this parkie block one or two times herself

janet paterson - 52 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>