From:                 Self <123>
To:               [log in to unmask]
Hi Kathy,

you wrote................

> Through the encouragement of some of y au folks I have gotten a
> referral for my mother to the Emory Parkinson's Clinic.  I don't
> know where my head was, to have such a resource just 40 minutes away
> and to not consider it first was not so bright of me.  But I guess I
> will learn more and more as this journey continues.  Already I have
> learned that the Docs aren't always right and that if I feel it is
> bad advice I can take control until I find better advice. Mom is
> more awake, alert and ambulatory now that I took my own advice and
> D/C'd the nuerontin.  Also, no more hallucinations since I lowered
> the sinemet dose and stopped the CR type.  This list gave me the
> courage to trust my instincts.  Thank You. I have a couple of
> questions.  How do I get to the 'archives' I have seen mentioned?
> Also, besides stool softeners what advice do you experienced people
> have to stay on top of the constipation problem?  Thanks in advance.
> (Whoever thought a listserve would be my most important link to the
> world?) Kathy

This all sounds very positive and I'm glad to hear you and your mom
are feeling better about things and well on the way to managing PD.

This is how to get to the "Archives".  Go on the Internet to:

http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/search.htm

hint - Bookmark this URL for future reference.

Scroll down the page to "How to use the search engine" and when
you've read enough, click on the underlined text "go to the search
screen".  That gets you to the "Full Text Search" page.  Type the
words constipation protocol in the search box and click on search.
This will bring up past postings on the ways to manage constipation.

Scroll down the list of postings and simply click on any that spark
your interest.  Then (after you read it) click on your "back" button
to backup to the list of posts and select another to read.  Or backup
one more page to the search box to start a new search on a new
topic.

Similarly  typing any subject in the search box (foot cramps)
(neurontin) (tremors) (apomorphine) (chia pets) (Parkinsaw) lets you
read previous posts.  I said ANY subject!

I hope this is straight forward enough.  Let me know how you make out.

All the best,        ............         Murray