Dear Listfriends (including the "Parkinsawians" of northern Michigan):

I'm pretty sure you know what the answer is - Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

At 4:49 today, the Archbishop called me, the second time he has done so.
I feel he seems to be puzzling over exactly with which words his prayer
for us will come forth into  being.

 He is deeply concerned about us. It is a humbling and hopeful
experience to receive a call like his.

 I told him how grateful so many of us are to him.  I am sure he is fully
aware that World Parkinson's Day is coming up SOON.  I do recall that his
secretary, Jaqueline, once mentioned to me that he will do everything
possible to have the prayer ready by then, She added, however, that there
is a bit of a chance it would be ready a little later in April,  after
the 11th.

To me, just the knowledge that, for whatever reason, I was apparently in
the right place at the right  moment , and that, by some miracle,  we
have kindled a little fire in the Archbishop, is just awesome.

 I have had it on my mind to write the List much earlier this evening,
and would ask you to forgive me, please, for not writing until now.  I am
less than a day back home after travelling to Augusta to testify about
the wages of personal care attendants.  There is now a huge effort to
bring about a raise from $6.25 per hour to $8 or $9 per hour  It is an
effort 600 of us in wheelchairs or with limits on mobility, are involved
in at the legislature. I am still a little overtired.

I will send a copy of this to Jaqueline Smith, the Archbishop's secretary
in Atlanta who incidentally, has a law degree.

The Archbishop somehow made me feel very protecteded.

I actually talked to an Episcopal priest recommended to me by an
Episcopalian frien