Just some ideas of where I have placed  containers for Pennies for Parkinson's

1.      My daughters' schools

2.      My bank

3.      My own home (!)

4.      my supermarket

5.      my friend's son's day-care center

6.      the local hairdresser

7. A friend's Sunday school where she teaches

8.      my synagogue

9.      the religious school (separate one - the rabbi thinks its a good
        lesson for the children)

10. my 'chavura' (social group) has declared April their month for PD
        activities, and will be collecting PFP and taking part in our
walkathon!

11. The leader of my bookclub will collect PFP at all her classes and group
         activities which she leads
``
12. All my family and friends have been cajoled (or cudgeled) into collecting
PFP.

And that is only what I have managed to set in action since Friday! The
opportunities are endless, require almost no effort, and the sky is the limit.
!!!!!!!!

Hilary Blue

********************

Thank you, Hilary.  Not only for your efforts to place "Pennies" containers in
your area, but perhaps just as importantly, for sharing your ideas with the
list.  One of the things that is going to be critical in the success of this
year round campaign to raise money DIRECTLY for Pd research, is getting out
the word to the community how easy it is for ANYONE to make a difference.

So keep those ideas, (and in no time) success stories coming.  I will keep all
of you apprised of our progress.

For answers to any questions you may have regarding the Parkinson Alliance,
their efforts, and/or to order free materials for participation in the
"Pennies for Parkinson's" campaign, please send an email request to my address
(off-list) [log in to unmask] or you can call me toll free at (888)331-4673.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Bill Turenne
Parkinson Alliance Headquarters
1250 24th Street, NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC 20037
(888)331-4673

(Bill Turenne, Jr.) wrote:

> Subject: The National Parkinson Foundation Wants Your Pennies For...
> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:02:40 EST
> From: [log in to unmask]
>
> The National Parkinson Foundation Wants Your Pennies For Parkinson's
Research

> Every Penny Counts During April, National Parkinson's Awareness Month

btw: my apologies for the attachment.  I fully understand your point and will
send all further messages in text format.

Bill