I seem to remember this conversation about a single symbol or color for
PD. And, as I recall, we tried to come to some conclusion concerning
this debate:
some were in favor of a tulip, others an hourglass and   nobody could
come to a common color for a ribbon. So, when I was faced with this
dilemma for my upcoming event/art exhibit, I decided to come up with my
own designs-not to add fuel to the fire, but to give myself something to
work with. We have decided to make hand-painted white sweatshirts with
navy blue varsity letters PD with a pink tulip growing between the 2
letters. The reason that I picked this is:
it's easier to execute than other designs we tried to come up with. As
for the ribbon, I picked my favorite color-cobalt blue made to loop like
the aids ribbon to represent us early onsetters but around the loop, we
have tied a silver bow to signify the older people who get pd-both
united in our battle against this disease.
that's my reasoning and that's what I have done.

--
Joan E. Snyder (47-8-10) <[log in to unmask]>
"In the depths of winter I finally learned there