From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 19:38:02 EST
Subject: ouch!  cramps

Hi Ivan

Please send any info you can for Bob;  I'll get it to him. You can post
this to
the LIST  IF you think it'll help? My writing isn't clear easy reading
right
now.

A parkie friend, Bob, has had PD for several years - not sure how many,
but
over 5. His worst symptom has always cramps - all over, but mostly leg
cramps.
It was recommended that he try a pallidotomy.

He had the operation about half a year or more ago. The cramping is now
worse
than ever.They have increased his Sinamet significantly but still no
significant relief- - - -

.            Does anyone else still suffer severe cramping after having a
pallid

otomy,
           . what's being done about it?

              Has anyone ever used Bio Tox (I can't spell that)
injections?

               If so, did the injections help? How? How soon before they
started  feeling results (1 day, 3 days? more?)

               Please share anything that you think might help.

 He saw another neurologist. who suggested that he take "Bo Tai" shots
for the
cramps. . (I have no knowledge of these shots). Bob is very down. He's
been
trying to keep up with his self care but is failing. The shots haven't
worked
yet and he's afraid they won't work.. what next?

Can you or anyone you know help him? I know  nothing about these "Bo Tox"
injections, do you?

Maryhelen