Hi Everyone,

There seem to be many folks with young-onset PD posting lately, so we thought
perhaps it would be helpful to remind everyone again about our APDA National
Young-Onset Information & Referral Center

The American Parkinson Disease Assocation supports an Information & Referral
Center established to provide educational and supportive resources to the
younger PD population.  We are committed to educating and encouraging the
individual and his/her family and friends.  We also provide information to the
medical and mental health service providers who treat and support people with
Parkinson's

The Center offers many free services:
An Information Helpline with staff to answer your questions (1-800-223-9776);
The Young Parkinson's Handbook: A Guide for Patients and Families, as well as
booklets on a variety of topics and issues relevant to the younger person;
Young Parkinson's Newsletter; referrals to physicians and services thoughout
the U. S.; nationwide support group referrals; assistance in establishing
young on-set support groups; Person to Person Program providing one-to-one
contact with other young people with your interests or concerns; a library of
books/videos for loan.

The APDA Young-Onset Information & Referral Center is always looking for
contributors to the Young Parkinson's Newsletter as well as any suggestions or
assistance in developing new programs or services.

Call us at 1-800-223-9776 or email us with your suggestions or needs.  We are
here for you.

Susan Reese, RN, LCSW
National Coordinator
APDA Young-Onset Information & Referral Center