Well, Margaret, speaking as one person who has very little contact
with writing centres, it sure wouldn't bore me to hear people
talking about issues like this.  It's certainly not WC people alone
who face student (and colleague) assumptions about error and editing,
for instance.  Or even managing appointments to discuss writing.

> Or is it only writing centre people who have to keep facing these
> things directly, since we must keep teaching students in whatever
> circumstances or state of (mis)understanding: we can't hide behind
> course structures or marking schemes....

And if the rest of us _choose_ not to hide (and I suspect most
CASLLers would so choose), we face them too.

                                        -- Russ
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_           Aquinas Chair
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~