Hi Ginny - I manage the writing centre at the University of Windsor.
The National Writing Centers Association conference is being held
next week in Bloomington, Indiana and I have seen the agenda for the
3 days.  It is packed with wonderful workshops and I will be
attending.  Although there are many differences in writing centres in
the US and Canada, I find that we have many, many similarities as
well, so I feel this is an opportunity that I can't afford to miss.
It appears to be very hands-on and practical in approach and I would
imagine that most strategies could be very easily adapted to a
Canadian context.  Like you, I haven't been able to find a conference
directly related to Canadian writing centres...maybe this is
something we should consider.  What do you think?

Barb Benson, Director
Academic Writing Centre
University of Windsor
Barbara Benson