Now, Roger is talking about ground I'm much more comfortable with.  I
wonder has anyone actually sat down to evaluate whether and how the web
extends our face-to-face classes? I think distance ed. could be part of
that topic, but it might not exclude those who work (primarily?) face to
face but use the web for one of its functions like 1. info delivery, 2.
workshops or chats, 3. something beyond and really interactive(?). Are
we slouching toward [an imagined] Bethlehem, or are we justifiably
cautious of a time-consuming tool with as yet unproven results?

Rob