Margaret,

I have been wondering over the past few years why there had not been
much discussion about Writing Centres on this list. But I agree with
you, it seems that many of us are involved in WC/WAC issues, so this
would be the appropriate forum to discuss them.

What I had planned on proposing during my short tenure as Inkshed
co-editor was a Writing Centres issue. I'd still be willing to edit a
piece on Canadian Writing Centres, somewhat like the WAC/WID article we
did last year. Let me know if there's enough interest. We could contact
Writing Centre people and ask for a few paragraphs from each, include a
list of URLs, and come up with a valuable resource.

I have just asked my work/study student to do a web search for Canadian
Writing Centres and writing resources on Canadian university web sites.
I don't know how far she'll get on this, but it would be something I
could draw on for this project.

Is there enough interest out there for a WC issue or article? Let me
know if you'd be willing to contribute a few paragraphs about your own
Writing Centres.

Janice Freeman
Centre for Academic Writing
University of Winnipeg