Ginny,

I'm glad you started this conversation. I also coordinate a writing
centre (but we call it a tutoring centre to distinguish it from our
Centre for Academic Writing). I took the job on at the last minute this
summer, so have been doing a lot of on-the-job learning.

I am on WCenter list, but I find I can't keep up with the volume of
mail. There is also an American list for tutors, but I've never even
looked at the archives. I can send you subscription information if you
don't already have it.

But it might be nice to have a list for _Canadian_ writing centres. That
way, the mail volume would be managable and we could focus on our
specific interests and concerns. And of course, we could organize
writing centre sessions at already established Canadian conferences.

Let's talk some more! (I'd like to know just how many Canadian writing
centres there are and how they're managed/funded/staffed etc.)

Janice Freeman
Centre for Academic Writing
University of Winnipeg