I lost track of this discussion late last week (we're in the middle of
interviewing for a tenure-track position), so I have no idea if we've
reached a consensus on the theme for next year's roundtable. We'd better
do so today, or we won't make the April 26 deadline.

I tend to agree with Cathy here-- many of us are doing the online work,
ready or not. We may be able to learn something form each other about
the issues involved. (For example, my nice big development grant is
being held up by senior admin because they don't like the contract we
had worked out. I think they're balking on the issue of ownership of
intellectual property....) I may end up mot accepting the grant if it
means that I give up the ownership of a course I've already developed
and delivered. I'd never have to do that with a face-to-face course.

So help me here, please. I should send out a call for proposals sometime
today if we want to submit a credible roundtable proposal, we'd better
get going.... Graham? Rob?

Janice Freeman
Centre for Academic Writing
University of Winnipeg