        Fellow listserv members:

        Fiscal year end, the headache the Feds have placed on  homecare,
and tightening homecare budgets made even tighter by the Feds   make me a
fatality of an eliminated position in the healthcare field of homecare.  I
need your assistance PLEASE.
I want to file so I can receive the benefit from my employer group long
term disability coverage  I was given as a benefit upon hire.

        What do I need to know so that this process goes smoothly?  Is this
a reasonable option.? I don't want to take advantage of the organization
BUT I need some hope for my future income til age 65 also (the benefit
promise when I was hired in the  position).

        My facts are : I was diagnosed with PD about one year ago.  I had
been in my position with this organization since 1997.  On Thursday  I was
told my position had been eliminated and therefore was given a small
severance sum and also told that my benefits would continue until June 30,
1999 (that being LTD and life insurance)

        Reality is now that I am not  employable as a homecare nurse with
PD, especially as an administrator due to the stress and long,  hard hours,
the mental agility needed and the focus as well as strength it takes for
the day after day crisis;   the toll  on  my health would be sizable.

        I have had a career in nursing but mainly in nursing administration
for 34 years.  I can no longer do what I once could do; but I don't have
limitations to my activities of daily living.

        How is the best way to follow thru on this process of filing for
disability?
I'd appreciate any and all comments.  I appreciate any resources.

THANKS A BUNCH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Karen deGraaf

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~email: [log in to unmask]